Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Colorpops.

Having started "colorpops" just over a 13 months ago I am starting to feel like I am getting the hang of it. This photo is of Danelle Kabush of team "Luna Chix".


This year's Canada Cup race was different from last year as they took out the "oven" which is about a 10 to 15 min climb depending on how fast your are. The last few days before the race I had planned on going to the 2/3 mark of the oven and was going to take photos there. But with the oven being taken out I had to come up with a different plan for good photos. About 20 min before the race started I began to walk up to the "Georgetown" climb. It is probably the worst 3 min of the course, steep and rocky, and the rocks aren't tiny. This picture is just near the top of the climb and you can see by her body position that it isn't an easy climb.

Not sure exactly why, but I find it very rewarding to take bicycle racing pictures. The people are so nice, and it is very satisfying to take their photos.

No comments: